Friday, January 23, 2009

Abs, Intervals & Hula Hoops!


I have a back up of articles & things I want to post to my blog so today I am going to provide 3 links to articles on exercise options. Adding 1 or all of these things to your weekly routine will help your body "keep guessing". As I have said many times, you have to change your routine regularly to keep the body guessing. Your body is a smart machine & it will get used to the "same ole thing" day in and day out so you MUST change up your routine.

First, I have an article from the site, I Look Like Fit (see my Fav Sites list) on 2 great exercises for the abs. I have done the first one with a barbell, an exercise ball & an ab roller & it is a good one. The second exercise was one I have never heard of but I tried it & it is a good one and hard! See the article here: http://ilooklikefit.com/2009/01/absolutely_fabulous.html

Second, an article from Diet Detective discusses Tabata Intervals. They are different from the intervals I have discussed here before. In fact, I had not heard of them. If you are new to exercise, don't try these yet. They are very intense. There is also a link to Fartlek training in this article so check that out too! Read this article here: http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2009/01/20/turn_up_your_cardio_with_tabata_intervals.php

The third article is on hula hooping. This can be a great exercise for you & obviously if you have kids, you can "play" with them while you are doing your exercise routine. Hula hooping really works the mid section too! I have an older post from July 30, 2008 that you can read & also check out his article from Diet Blog: http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2009/01/20/pick_up_your_hula_hoop_-_its_for_adults_too.php

No comments:

My Food Diary