Treadmills are a very popular piece of cardio equipment at the gym. So, do you just get on and walk along not really pushing yourself. Maybe you try to jog but really don't push yourself. Hey, if you can carry on a conversation easily than you are not working hard enough. Of course you need to warm up first but then get to work.There are many things you can do on the treadmill. You can walk, jog, hill walk, hill jog, run, do intervals, walk backwards, walk sideways etc. I mentioned some of these things for the Stepmill in yesterday's post. And like the Stepmill, that hill stuff will work your butt & legs! As always, when you are trying new things or pushing to new limits, be careful & pay attention to what you are doing.
For me, I warm up for 3-5 minutes & then get to my workout. I do all of the above things mentioned across various workouts. I keep the cardio workout changing to keep my body guessing. I will say intervals are very tough so be careful & if you are new to them, do not do them on consecutive days.
Don't just go to the gym & go thru the motions. Work yourself, especially if your time is limited!

No comments:
Post a Comment