Thursday, October 02, 2008

Stepmill-Works Cardio,Butt,Legs



















Have you seen this piece of equipment at the gym? It is called the Stepmill and it is an awesome workout! It is revolving stairs. And by awesome, I mean hard but very very effective! Not only does the Stepmill give you a tough cardio workout but it works your butt, legs and more. I would start out slowly to get the feel of it & judge how well you can handle it. Hold on to the handrails lightly because it can be easy to miss the step if you are not paying attention!!!! Do not get caught up in a TV show & stop paying attention to your workout or you might find yourself falling off the steps!!

Now, saying that, I want to tell you how I use it. I do the standard walking the steps at different speeds but I also do some variations.

  • I work my legs & butt even more by taking every other step (slow down & watch what you are doing!!!!).
  • I also take every other step but with a kick back of the leg with the foot not on the step. Again, slow down & be careful!
  • Another variation is to turn to the side (ie: your side is to the front of the machine) and cross over the legs as you step working the inner thighs too. Again, slow down and pay attention!

This is a very hard workout so I can't emphasize enough that you need to pay attention when you are on this machine & start slowly & work towards improving your performance as you get used to it. Good luck!

No comments:

My Food Diary