
I want to take you back to my Friday post on physical fitness guidelines. I am definitely a fan of just getting people up and moving. If it is walking, jogging, swimming, playing with the kids, dancing, gardening, kick boxing, yoga, pilates, organized sports like soccer, baseball, basketball and just many more activities. The key is just to get up & move. Once you do that, you will start feeling better & most likely may start to lose a few pounds. Once a person starts to feel good about this, they tend to start changing their eating habits & also pushing themselves a bit more in terms of exercising. Pick things you enjoy to keep you motivated so that you don't "drop out". Also, there are so many things you can do. Vary your workouts if you are a person that bores easily. Take different classes or change up from jogging to swimming to pilates etc.
In terms of resistance training (weight training), I feel this is a must no matter how you find time to do it. Not only does it protect the bones & help to prevent osteoporosis but the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. I KNOW THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I HAVE DONE IT WRONG SO I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES!
Now saying all that, I want to get to my point about those of you that really want to look muscular.. maybe like the lady in the picture above that is not too thin but looking healthy & with lean muscle. If you want this look, like I do, you are just going to have to step it up & go beyond the bare requirements. You will have to eat pretty clean & step up the workouts & the intensity of your workouts. If you want to compete, it becomes even more so... but just know that you have to work for the body you want.... it is hard work but well worth it not only for those that just feel good when they look better but for your overall health.

No comments:
Post a Comment