Thursday, October 16, 2008

Snooze Alarm-NOT! Exercise!

Listen, we all have those mornings when we just want to keep hitting the snooze alarm & skip the workout all together. Or we have those late in the day blahs and exhaustion from a long work day & we start to talk ourselves out of exercising. Don't do that!!!!

Like you, I have those days when I just want to stay in bed BUT, I don't. Usually if I get up & get to it, I feel so much better once I get going.... and I feel even better once I have accomplished a great workout. My body AND mind appreciate it! I think we are too easy to talk ourselves out of exercise... leading to those extra pounds that creep on every year.

This morn was one of those really tired mornings for me but I did not let it stop me. I modified my workout to meet my tired body. That does not mean I just walked at the slowest pace possible. I still pushed myself but allowed for the fact that it was not "all there". I did more treadmill hill walking than jogging, I lifted a bit lighter and rested in between sets for 30 seconds or so rather than my normal "move from one exercise to the next without rest".

OK, if you are on 3 hours sleep & beyond pooped, I can understand that, but if you are just talking yourself out of exercising when you really can do "something".. don't fool yourself. Get up, do something & feel good after for that accomplishment!

No comments:

My Food Diary