Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day Off the "Diet"





You might find this a weird post but for those that have been following from day one with me, I do say that everything in moderation or you will drive yourself crazy. I learned the hard way that trying to never eat anything you really want can be a losing proposition for most people. The more deprived you are, the more you want it. Now saying that, I am one to eat pretty clean most of the time. BUT, I do allow those days when I just don't eat all clean & I do enjoy myself here & there. I do stay close to my clean eating program almost every day but on the weekends, I do enjoy with a cookie or two, a bagel instead of my whole grain bread and often coffee with flavoring if I am out & about or just whatever I feel I might want to eat ... my main meals are still good but I think my body likes these changes. I don't go crazy & eat everything in sight. I make choices on what I really want over other things. I have found from past experience though that this really works for me. Not only do I get to eat something I really want but my body likes the change too... and mentally, I feel like I got to eat something really fun for me.

Diet Blog had an article on this which got me going on this post. Read it here:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/10/24/have_a_day_off_your_diet.php

Now, after saying all this, I know some people just feel they can't go off their food program at first because it will lead them to veer off for good. You know yourself better than me so if you are like that, just stick to what you are doing. Maybe as you get further on, you will be like me & feel comfortable allowing yourself some special treats when you really feel like it. Just don't make it an all the time thing.

No comments:

My Food Diary