Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big "Diet" Mistakes/BMR Info


  • The Hungry Girl (HG) site had 2 great questions on their site this morning. One was about the biggest diet mistakes people make... I don't like the word diet so I would call it the biggest mistakes people make on their journey to change their eating habits for life. I agree with them all but especially the two that say "being in denial" and "not reading labels". I have blogged about both of these endlessly along with the other points made in HG's answer to this question. Lots of good info here so do read it!
The other question was about how many calories a person burns a day. HG has lots of sites to click on to get more information on this. Check out all the links to HG's answer to this question. With BMR, there are also calculators that let you add in your exercise expenditure during the day to give you a better feeling of how many calories you burn per day. The ones that don't let you add in your daily exercise just tell calories you burn at rest with no added expenditure per day. As the HG answer says.. that is just a baseline. The goal if you want to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in!!!!
  • Read about all of the above here:

No comments:

My Food Diary