Sunday, April 20, 2008

Log Your Emotions! Food Diary

I know I have written a lot about the fact that those that log their food appear to be the most successful at reaching their weight loss goals. But, I did want to point out one very important step in the process: LOG HOW YOU FEEL WHEN YOU ARE EATING!!!!! Many of us our emotional eaters so we need to understand what triggers our eating binges & then take steps to finding other alternatives to eating every time we are upset.

So, not only log what you eat, what time you eat, the calories but also how you are feeling when you are eating at that moment. You need to use behaviour modification to change the stress/anger eating to things that will be better for you.... meditation, call a friend or family member, take a walk or whatever you think will work best for you.

Tackles those emotional eating times head on & win!

No comments:

My Food Diary