Sunday, January 27, 2008
So, for those that saw my previous tip of the day saying weight/resistance training is a must because when you have more muscle, you burn more calories at rest, I can just hear the women screaming, "I don't want to look like her ... be that muscular"! Let me say this: I want to look like this. I set my own exercise program up specifically to meet these goals. This does not mean you have to add this much muscle. All I am saying is that you need weight/resistance training as part of your program. Not only does it help burn more calories, it also helps sustain that calorie burn after the workout AND it is important because having muscle helps combat osteoporosis. When I was younger, I did minimal weight training. It was all about cardio. I did not look as good, was not as lean, could not eat as much AND I wore a larger size than I do now at 50. Make weight/resistance training a must in your program!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment