Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Abs and Core Exercises


When working your abs & core, variety is key just like any other body part. I have posted many articles on ab/core exercises so please check my older posts to refresh your memory & keep your routine varied & your body guessing. Diet Detective had a short article on 3 ab exercises that I also incorporate in my ab routine. The more exercises I have to work with, the better for me. Keeps my routine from getting stale & like above, keeps the body guessing!

On the open leg crunch, add light weights as you get stronger (men can use more if they prefer). I don't use any weights on my oblique exercises as I tend to get blocky & my waist gets bigger. Every once in a while I may use 2-3 pound weights. I learned this from experience so you will have to find out what works for you. As posted before, don't forget that planks, hanging leg raises & the bicycle move have been proven by experts to be some of the best ab/core exercises.

The picture is from Oxygen Women's Fitness & for more exercises, check out their ab article here ( I have posted this one before): http://www.oxygenmag.com/main.php?page=1&id=527. By the way, as you see in the picture, some experts say to do the move as shown & others say pushing straight up to the ceiling is better. See what feels best for you!

Read about the 3 ab exercises from Diet Detective here:
http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/863/157/

No comments:

My Food Diary